Last updated on July 8th, 2022
Modafinil weight loss stories and anecdotes make you wonder about its effectiveness? If so, then this comprehensive guide is for you. Ever since the evolution of the beauty and the cosmetic world, people have been obsessed with weight loss. However, there is more to losing weight than just its phenotypic effect on the human body. According to the CDC, 42.4% of Americans in 2020 were obsessed , and the American Medical Association identified it as a chronic disease. With several underlying health issues associated with this condition, people must lose weight and maintain a healthy life.
Modafinil 200mg Nootropics for weight loss is a dynamic off-label use of the smart drug and has gained massive popularity over the last few years. Currently, most people wonder where to buy Modafinil without consultation for off-label benefits such as weight loss. So, let us have a better insight into the effect of Modafinil on appetite and how Nootropics weight loss is effective.
Modafinil for weight loss | Know the basic
Modafinil is a Nootropic commonly known for its eugeroic effects on the user. The scientific council of the Oxford and Harvard Universities has awarded Modafinil smart drug as one of the safest Nootropics on the market. The off-label use of the medication, such as its potency for weight loss, has gained massive popularity among users. Such users must note that “Modafinil is not a fat-burning medication“. However, it helps by inducing other metabolic activities, which in turn aids in weight loss.
Some possible causes of Modafinil weight loss in people are-
- Modafinil has antidepressant properties that help suppress the appetite of the person. Thus, making the user eat less .
- Another possible cause for loss of appetite can be its potency to enhance the production of several neurotransmitters in the body . Modafinil 200mg elevates the level of histamine and orexin in the body that is responsible for maintaining the person’s appetite.
- The third scientific reason for modafinil-associated weight loss could be its ability to increase dopamine secretion in the body, thus helping people stay motivated. It helps them stick to their diet plans and further aids in weight loss.
- Modafinil enhances the energy level of the user. Thus with the highest energy, one can perform a higher activity level, further helping burn calories.
Does Modafinil Cause Weight gain?
There are no scientific reports on the use of Modafinil dose to gain weight. It is commonly known to help lose weight in users.
Modafinil vs phentermine for weight loss
Another popular medication known to assist weight loss along with Modafinil is Phentermine. In a study published on the website Livestrong, Phentermine can induce roughly 3 to 6 lbs weight loss in a person .
Does modafinil suppress appetite?
In a study by Gydmer A. Perez et al., the use of Modafinil can reduce the feeling of hunger in day shift workers before the lunch break. In addition, others have reported that the single use of the Modafinil 200mg dose reduces the person’s food intake . It thus suggests the use of Modafinil suppresses appetite.
Modafinil dose for weight loss
The Modafinil dose for weight loss is Modafinil 200mg. However, it is essential to note that FDA has not approved the off-label use of Modafinil for weight loss. Therefore, one should buy Modafinil after consulting a physician.
How to use Modafinil to burn fat?
Following a proper diet and exercise is the best option to lose weight. Modafinil is not a weight loss medication but has shown significant weight loss in users. There is still no solid evidence to support these claims and mechanisms of action. You can use Modafinil as a weight-loss supportive drug, but one cannot rely on this drug for significant weight loss. The intake of Modafinil Nootropic is similar to most oral medications available on the market. The key features that one should take into consideration during the administration of the drug are-
- The Modafinil 200mg is available as oral tablets and thus should be taken by mouth.
- Crushing and breaking the pill is not advisable.
- The intake of meals before and after the consumption of the Nootropic is advisable.
- One should take one pill a day. Overdosing on the medication can cause severe side effects in the user.
- Doctors do not recommend the consumption of alcoholic beverages with Nootropic.
- There is no long-term prescription use of Modafinil 200mg. After three weeks of use, one should discontinue taking the Nootropic.
One can expand the Modafinil appetite suppressant effects by integrating these:
- As the use of the Nootropic affects the appetite, thus to maintain a healthy living, it is advisable to have a meal before the intake of the smart drug.
- Modafinil is a diuretic drug; therefore, it can cause dehydration in the user. Thus, while using the Nootropic, the person should have more water.
Are Modafinil brand versions effective for losing weight?
Like the generic Modafinil, its popular brand versions Provigil and Modvigil also claim to possess similar weight reduction potency. The person’s metabolism can increase by taking both these Nootropics, thus helping to lose weight .
Does Provigil cause weight gain?
No data suggests that using smart drugs can help gain weight. Provigil weight loss is a more sought-after benefit of the Nootropic.
Does nuvigil cause weight loss?
Nuvigil for weight gain has no scientific reasoning or information to support this claim.
Scientific analysis: Are there research-backed theories for Modafinil weight loss?
Several studies indicate the potency of Modafinil in alleviating the weight loss journey of people. A study by Gardner A. Perez et al. shows that using Modafinil 200mg and 400mg affects the calorie intake of the day shift and night shift workers .
Figure 1: A study on the decrease in the food intake in association with Modafinil 200mg
The above graph shows the intake of calories by workers before and after taking the Modafinil dose. This graph shows that using Modafinil 200mg and 400mg significantly lowers the person’s food intake.
A second study by Angela P Makris et al. states that using Modafinil for treating obesity is a potential and well-suited option. However, further studies with repeated dosing in the overweight population are necessary. This weight loss report also calls attention to Modafinil use having fewer side effects for weight loss than other anorectic agents .
Modafinil reviews: Weight loss testimonials by users
The Modafinil reviews from different websites support its high efficacy and potency in people. The user review of the Nootropic at WebMd has a rating of out of 5. Most users suggest it is easy to use and has satisfactory results.
Figure 2: Modafinil reviews (WebMd)
Modafinil weight loss stories
A review on the Nootropic on drugs website in march 2017 suggests that the person taking Modafinil for ADHD experienced weight loss. There was no sign of long-term side effects in the user.
A study by David C Henderson et al. proposes that using Modafinil Nootropic results in 10lb weight loss in the patient . A Modafinil weight loss story by a Reddit user  states to lose 16lbs in one and half months of taking Modafinil doses. In addition, several quora users  also claim to experience Modafinil appetite loss.
Modafinil side effects
Modafinil nootropics can cause mild side effects from improper dosing of the Nootropic. There are no reports of specific weight loss side effects in people. According to the FDA, several users experienced weight loss as a side effect of the Nootropic .
Figure 3: Modafinil side effects: Weight loss
The above(figure 3) is not the complete list of all the side effects of the Nootropic drug. If you experience any of these effects, it is advisable to discontinue the medication immediately. In case the symptoms persist, the user should consult a doctor for proper medical attention.
Is Modafinil weight loss a good idea? – Our Final Verdict
We can summarise this comprehensive study on Modafinil weight loss by stating that the Nootropic does not directly induce a fat reduction in the person. The weight loss experienced by patients is due to its impact on their metabolism and appetite. The use of Modafinil for losing weight can give beneficial results in an amalgamation of physical exercise, uninterrupted sleep, and a controlled diet. However, just the intake of the Nootropic for extra shading kilos is not advisable.
Since using nootropics to lose weight is not a prescription benefit, one should use nootropics under the guidance of a physician.
- Adult Obesity Facts, CDC
- Weight loss or gain, Modafinilfacts
- Modafinil weight loss, Modafinil.com
- The Average Monthly Weight Loss Using Phentermine, Livestrong
- Modafinil decreases food intake in humans subjected to simulated shift work, Gydmer A. Perez et al, NIH.gov
- Modafinil weight loss, Modafinil.org
- Comparison of effects of modafinil and amphetamine on food intake and cardiovascular activity, Angela P Makris et al, NIH.gov
- Modafinil-associated weight reduction in a clozapine-treated schizoaffective disorder patient, David C Henderson et al, Pubmed.
- Reddit user, username- birdyyumyum
- Does Modafinil help with weight loss? quora
- FDA, FDA.gov
– Disclaimer –
Healthmatter focuses on providing genuine and authentic information to its readers. Thus, all the information here is from several scientific journals and research papers. Due credit is given to all the websites. We at Healthmatter do not claim to provide professional medical guidance. All our readers should consult a doctor before taking any medicine or supplement mentioned here.